Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report 09:48 - Feb 26 with 3527 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/47630
QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 10:11 - Feb 26 with 3463 viewstoboboly

Agree about the tactics but my main bug bear was the other stuff, the little things, and I am not sure that is all down to Holloway.

The lack of Robinson throws in the first half, wtf were they thinking? It was mentioned by all in my group.

The first Forest goal. Looked like a dive in the Upper Loft but fck me we then didn't bother moving or setting ourselves up as Forest tore us apart. That is basic negligence. How do you school that? They need to be alive to everything and anything for as long as they are on the pitch.

Also we couldn't even pass to ourselves 5 yards away, basic passes, under no pressure, were overhit, underhit, hit the wrong bloody way. It was appalling. Holloway is doing a lot wrong and a lot of his credit has gone with me but so much of what the players do on the pitch that is bad is so basic I can't see how the management team are responsible?

It is so galling that people paid to do a job are so naive as to how to do it.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 10:37 - Feb 26 with 3416 viewsNorthernr

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 10:11 - Feb 26 by toboboly

Agree about the tactics but my main bug bear was the other stuff, the little things, and I am not sure that is all down to Holloway.

The lack of Robinson throws in the first half, wtf were they thinking? It was mentioned by all in my group.

The first Forest goal. Looked like a dive in the Upper Loft but fck me we then didn't bother moving or setting ourselves up as Forest tore us apart. That is basic negligence. How do you school that? They need to be alive to everything and anything for as long as they are on the pitch.

Also we couldn't even pass to ourselves 5 yards away, basic passes, under no pressure, were overhit, underhit, hit the wrong bloody way. It was appalling. Holloway is doing a lot wrong and a lot of his credit has gone with me but so much of what the players do on the pitch that is bad is so basic I can't see how the management team are responsible?

Yeh agree, a real horror show.
QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 10:42 - Feb 26 with 3407 viewsdaveB

You can play any formation you like and have the best game plan in the world but when players don't close down and leave the opposition time and space to shoot from good positions and when your forwards miss chance after bloody chance then it doesn't really matter what formation or tactics you were using.

I didn't think Forest carved us apart too often, they just took their chances when they came, every shot from outside the box seemed to go in.

Smyth was the only bright spot of the game, thought he was excellent in the first half but faded with the rest of the team in the second
QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 10:52 - Feb 26 with 3388 viewstoboboly

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 10:42 - Feb 26 by daveB

You can play any formation you like and have the best game plan in the world but when players don't close down and leave the opposition time and space to shoot from good positions and when your forwards miss chance after bloody chance then it doesn't really matter what formation or tactics you were using.

I didn't think Forest carved us apart too often, they just took their chances when they came, every shot from outside the box seemed to go in.

Smyth was the only bright spot of the game, thought he was excellent in the first half but faded with the rest of the team in the second

They carved us apart with ease on the break whenever they fancied a goal.

Honourable mention to Smithies, without whom we would have been looking at far, far worse.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 11:24 - Feb 26 with 3316 viewsdaveB

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 10:52 - Feb 26 by toboboly

They carved us apart with ease on the break whenever they fancied a goal.

Honourable mention to Smithies, without whom we would have been looking at far, far worse.

second half they did but that was a lot to do with playing a back 2 for half an hour which was bizarre, before that there wasn't a great deal between the two sides
QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 11:32 - Feb 26 with 3295 viewssimmo

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 10:42 - Feb 26 by daveB

They repeatedly got in down our right and eventually that's where the 1st goal came from, after one quick free kick put them in behind. They played a fast forward ball to the feet of a forward dropping deep about 20 times, usually in behind the 'wing backs' we have and their first 3 goals came from balls that were played into feet from out wide.

It happened the same at the City ground and fck me if we didn't make it just as easy here. It also meant that (for the 2nd) you had Lynch as the man pressing their CB, because him and Bidwell were expected to be the attacking threats on the left.

This system isn't fúcking working and I'm bored of seeing it. You can't account for individual mistakes but we've looked so much better (and got 4 goals) in the last 2 games only AFTER making changes and switching systems/formations, it's not a coincidence.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 12:01 - Feb 26 with 3219 viewsBlackandGoldR

Spot on again, as always.
The amount of people shouting at the lino in R block after the Smith header on the line was ridiculous. Plenty didn't believe me that we had goal line tech. I looked straight at the ref, saw him check the watch (which clearly said no goal) and sat down again. I showed the official hawkeye picture to people at half time (from QPR twitter) and some STILL didn't believe we had goal line tech.
Maybe it needs to be on the big screen. Or people need to get with the times.
QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 12:42 - Feb 26 with 3143 viewsdaveB

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 12:01 - Feb 26 by BlackandGoldR

The amount of people shouting at the lino in R block after the Smith header on the line was ridiculous. Plenty didn't believe me that we had goal line tech. I looked straight at the ref, saw him check the watch (which clearly said no goal) and sat down again. I showed the official hawkeye picture to people at half time (from QPR twitter) and some STILL didn't believe we had goal line tech.

I wasn't sure if it was working now or if it was next season. Showing it on the big screen would have made more sense although even watching it live it didn't look over the line
Login to get fewer ads

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 15:06 - Feb 26 with 2915 viewsWestbourneR

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 12:42 - Feb 26 by daveB

I wasn't sure if it was working now or if it was next season. Showing it on the big screen would have made more sense although even watching it live it didn't look over the line

Dave I know you nailed you colours to the mast earlier in the season by saying the wing-back system made sense - but surely you've got to now that it does nothing for the players we have available. With a big man like Smith up front, having wingers getting to the by-line in a regular basis us surely vital. It's really not rocket science.

I think the problem is Holloway thinks it is rocket science and he's being too clever by half.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 16:16 - Feb 26 with 2822 viewsdaveB

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 15:06 - Feb 26 by WestbourneR

Dave I know you nailed you colours to the mast earlier in the season by saying the wing-back system made sense - but surely you've got to now that it does nothing for the players we have available. With a big man like Smith up front, having wingers getting to the by-line in a regular basis us surely vital. It's really not rocket science.

I think the problem is Holloway thinks it is rocket science and he's being too clever by half.

If we had wingers good enough to get to the byline and get crosses in I'd agree we should play them, I don't see many of them in this squad though, Bright Samuel looks decent but haven't seen him put a cross in he looks more like a player who want to come inside, Pawel seems to have forgotten how to put a ball in the box despite being in good positions every game to do so. Smyth has potential to do it but also looks good up front. I'm probably forgetting someone just don't see this huge number of wide players who should be starting.

I'm not against changing the formation, never have been, all I've ever said was it might not work as it takes away protection for the defence, splits up the midfield which has worked well and leaves us with a lone forward which in the past has seen us struggle to get players in the box and create chances. It may well work that we switch to a back 4 and everything clicks I'm just not convinced it will and trying to implement a complete new system mid season is not something that usually works well.
QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 18:08 - Feb 26 with 2730 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 10:11 - Feb 26 by toboboly

The Robinson thing was bizarre, even more so because we won the toss and chose to attack the LR end 1st half - presumably to avoid Alex having the sun in his eyes.

What's wrong with a good old fashioned cap (yes they are still allowed) I really don't know!
QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 18:12 - Feb 26 with 2720 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 12:01 - Feb 26 by BlackandGoldR

Jamie Mackie didn't know we had goal line technology.

I'm past being surprised by this sort of thing.

Loads of Arsenal fans convinced 1st Man City goal should have been disallowed for offside (It was from a goal kick!)
QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 23:21 - Feb 26 with 2426 viewsCroydonCaptJack

My seat is virtually in line with the goal line in R Block and I clearly saw it not cross the line. I still hopefully looked at the ref though!
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 23:23]
QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 11:49 - Feb 27 with 2181 viewswrinklyhoop

I thought the players’ body language said a lot. Lethargic and second to almost everything with passes going astray. No idea if they’re just not motivated or perhaps they don’t believe in the system they’re being asked to play. Not surprising when they see it being torn apart so easily. Honourable exception to little Smyth who showed up the rest with his level of enthusiasm - telling to see him grab the ball when it went out for our throw in an attacking position, and try to get a move going, only to find none of the other players were remotely aware of what he was trying to do, and he gave up and tossed the ball back to Ned for a routine throw which immediately gave away possession 😳
QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 12:38 - Feb 27 with 2142 viewssimmo

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 16:16 - Feb 26 by daveB

If we had wingers good enough to get to the byline and get crosses in I'd agree we should play them, I don't see many of them in this squad though, Bright Samuel looks decent but haven't seen him put a cross in he looks more like a player who want to come inside, Pawel seems to have forgotten how to put a ball in the box despite being in good positions every game to do so. Smyth has potential to do it but also looks good up front. I'm probably forgetting someone just don't see this huge number of wide players who should be starting.

I'm not against changing the formation, never have been, all I've ever said was it might not work as it takes away protection for the defence, splits up the midfield which has worked well and leaves us with a lone forward which in the past has seen us struggle to get players in the box and create chances. It may well work that we switch to a back 4 and everything clicks I'm just not convinced it will and trying to implement a complete new system mid season is not something that usually works well.

"it takes away protection for the defence" - I'm not sure how as it means we won't have CB's dragged out wide as much, but even so our clean sheet record shows that there's not much by way of defending that we'll lose by changing things

"splits up the midfield which has worked well" - I don't see why having a back 4 suddenly means we have to break up the midfield 3, we can easily accomodate them in a diff formation.

"leaves us with a lone forward" - this is the one point worth noting as we don't have any obvious lone striker options, that said we've changed to having Smith up top alone with 2/3 players around him in the latter part of our last few games and looked much better for it. We actually scored 4 out of our last 5 goals after moving to this system and Smith got 2 goals and 2 assists from it.

Same as you I am not saying a change is the answer to everything but at the moment we're not scoring much, not keeping clean sheets and players are constantly out of position. We're not playing to the strengths of half our squad and it's becoming fckin infuriating to watch us not actually play until we are forced into changes.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 12:42 - Feb 27 with 2134 viewsDiscodroids

Total Subjugation at the hands Of Notts Forest on Saturday & a sadomasochist 50% loss ratio now under Ian Holloway. Twitter Rumours that Acclaimed Castratus & gelded cuckold John Bercow will be appointed the QPR Kit Man for the remainder of the season are unfounded.

[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 12:46]

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 14:23 - Feb 27 with 2072 viewsDiscodroids

just watched the highlights again, had to lol when luongo scored, the reception to his goal from the home crowd was less ebullient than mine when the chigwell mother in law comes to stay for 3 weeks at christmas with the tv times under her arm.

In a way, i'm glad that my passion and messianic feelings for QPR unconsciously eroded around 18 months/ 2 years ago.. It hurts a lot less and gives me more time to get angry at the important things in life such as the meaning of rufus hounds existence and the legality of Kevin Mcguires demob suits.

I still get a bit pissed off when we lose, especially if it's a humiliation job like saturday, I never thought i would say this but Im starting to feel about QPR in the same way i do about the england national team since around 2006.

Fcuk me with a kumquat, thats a sad thing for me to say.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 14:30]

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 14:26 - Feb 27 with 2067 viewsNorthernr

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 14:23 - Feb 27 by Discodroids

just watched the highlights again, had to lol when luongo scored, the reception to his goal from the home crowd was less ebullient than mine when the chigwell mother in law comes to stay for 3 weeks at christmas with the tv times under her arm.

In a way, i'm glad that my passion and messianic feelings for QPR unconsciously eroded around 18 months/ 2 years ago.. It hurts a lot less and gives me more time to get angry at the important things in life such as the meaning of rufus hounds existence and the legality of Kevin Mcguires demob suits.

I still get a bit pissed off when we lose, especially if it's a humiliation job like saturday, I never thought i would say this but Im starting to feel about QPR in the same way i do about the england national team since around 2006.

Fcuk me with a kumquat, thats a sad thing for me to say.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 14:30]

We probably should have given the goal music a rest for those two on Saturday. Proper cringe.
QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 14:43 - Feb 27 with 2044 viewsdaveB

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 12:38 - Feb 27 by simmo

"it takes away protection for the defence" - I'm not sure how as it means we won't have CB's dragged out wide as much, but even so our clean sheet record shows that there's not much by way of defending that we'll lose by changing things

"splits up the midfield which has worked well" - I don't see why having a back 4 suddenly means we have to break up the midfield 3, we can easily accomodate them in a diff formation.

"leaves us with a lone forward" - this is the one point worth noting as we don't have any obvious lone striker options, that said we've changed to having Smith up top alone with 2/3 players around him in the latter part of our last few games and looked much better for it. We actually scored 4 out of our last 5 goals after moving to this system and Smith got 2 goals and 2 assists from it.

Same as you I am not saying a change is the answer to everything but at the moment we're not scoring much, not keeping clean sheets and players are constantly out of position. We're not playing to the strengths of half our squad and it's becoming fckin infuriating to watch us not actually play until we are forced into changes.

I just think back to when we played a back 4 last season and Smithies was having to face 4/5 one on one situations every game, playing that 3rd centre half stopped that and having Scowen in front of him also helped.

The 3 at the back we currently play is far from perfect and has flaws as all systems do it's not being picked for a laugh and has had some benefits this season. I get the current call for wingers and how we need more width, I agree with them but looking at the squad I just don't see where these wingers are who are worth a place in the side.
QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 17:27 - Feb 27 with 1970 viewsHayesender

QPR suffer horrible déjà vu as Forest run riot again - Report on 14:26 - Feb 27 by Northernr

We probably should have given the goal music a rest for those two on Saturday. Proper cringe.

I only knew Luongo had scored due to the goal music. Like everyone else around me I didn't even muster a half arsed cheer.

For our second goal I was in the eagle

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024